Buckle up, Buttercups! "For two weeks I drove a car that could only turn left."
Great story! But it also got me thinking about this week's tip:
If you know there's something wrong with your vehicle, don't muck around -
# 33 Fix it fast!
Even if your car's up to date with its WOF and servicing, and hasn't suffered a prang (like MM's car in the clip) there are times it could still need your urgent attention.
Keep an eye/ear/nose/feel out for:
* Strange noises or vibrations
* Noisy, juddery, brakes
* Leaking oil/fluids
* Dash warnings
* Heavy steering, steering wheel vibrating and/or off-centre
* Headlight, brake light or indicator bulbs not working, or beams too high or low
* Wiper blades smearing / not working
* Worn tyres, slow punctures, flat spots
* If using a space saver tyre, remember it's only really designed to get you out of an immediate jam (at much lower speeds than normal - 80km or less)
If you have any concerns, even if it's just a hunch that something isn't right, never be afraid to ask your local friendly dealership, tyre shop or mechanic about it. It's better to be safe than sorry, and quite often you can catch a small problem before it becomes a bigger, more costly / inconvenient or dangerous one.
Buckle up, buttercups! And fix it fast :-)
PS - Please share my Buckle Up Buttercup tips! The more we talk about road safety and what we can do to keep ourselves and others safe – the safer our roads will be. Things that might be obvious to you might still be unknown to your friends or family.